A paint finishing line within many organisations can be a key element of the manufacturing process and can also absorb a significant amount of a businesses operating costs. When designing the layout of a new paint finishing line there are a number of considerations to take into account, a paint finishing line that has been badly designed or is managed incorrectly can lead to reduced productivity and increased costs due to inefficiencies and breakdowns. Below are Junair’s top tips for optimising the paint finishing process.
Junair’s Top Tips for your Paint Finishing Process
- Air movement – Create a controlled air movement for both painting and curing. Typically this will be a smooth laminar flow for painting and a turbulent flow for curing.
- Oven temperature – Ensure an even oven temperature for drying and curing, in a combination spraybooth oven this will be via an auxiliary air movement system such as Junair QADs.
- Infra-red pre-gel cure – Increase line speed, reduce energy, allow powerful and efficient air seals on the oven.
- Product handling – Reduce process times by considering manual or powered conveyor systems.
- Maintain spray booth pressure – Maintain optimum air flow conditions within the booth using an auto balance system.
- Energy conservation – Ensure the paint booth and oven system uses minimal energy by fitting variable speed drives, and consider automatic standby mode when the equipment is not in use.
- Lighting – Create bright lighting with correct colour rendition.
- Service – Keep the spray booth and equipment in optimum working condition.
- Sludge removal – Ensure the waterwash booth is kept in peak working condition by maintaining a clean water flow.
Contact Us for More Information on Optimising your Paint Finishing Process
The tips detailed above can help to minimise operating costs and increase your productivity and quality of your paint finish. We recommend a review of your processes and spray booth equipment at regular intervals to ensure that optimum efficiency is being achieved. For further advice on optimising your spray booth paint finishing process please call +44(0)1706 363 555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.